Web and Graphic Developer
Rainforest Trust seeks an experienced web and graphic developer to oversee WordPress website development and maintenance. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for utilizing Google Analytics and SEO analysis.
Rainforest Trust is a highly efficient and effective non-profit founded in 1988 with the mission to purchase and protect threatened tropical forests and to save endangered wildlife through local partnerships and community engagement. Celebrating 28 years of conservation, we have protected 16 million acres of tropical forests in 26 countries.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Perform frequent maintenance and updates to existing website; generate and revise web pages.
- Use HTML code manipulation to customize site.
- Troubleshoot Rainforest Trust website; test website and identify technical problems.
- Review website statistics and monitor Google Analytics.
- Maintain responsive website design; ensure website is tablet friendly.
- Write HTML and CSS and manage graphics packages.
- Work with range of media; integrate multi-media content into site.
- Develop graphics by coordinating with staff; design images, icons, banners, publications, print materials, etc.
- Identify and evaluate improvement options; introduce new technology.
- Control naming conventions and linking conventions of web page images and multimedia files.
- Inbound link development for relevant sites and directories.
- Act as the server administrator.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 2 years of web design and development experience required.
- Demonstrated creative, technical, and analytical skills.
- Excellent WordPress programming skills.
- Excellent graphic skills.
- Adaptable, able to pick up new techniques.
- Detail orientated; able to multi-task.
- Familiarity and ability to institute responsive site design.
- Expert in implementing and improving SEO; ability to identify and implement innovative SEO strategies.
- Optimize on-site content for maximum visibility and ranking in major search engines.
- Web user interface design, multimedia content development, understanding browser capabilities, internet presence.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
- Google Analytic skills.
- Provide quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes.
- A personal passion for the environment and wildlife conservation.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- BS / BA university degree.
The candidate will work in our central office with 30 staff in Warrenton, Virginia, just 45 minutes west of Washington DC.
How To Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest to work for Rainforest Trust, your salary aspirations, any specific job requirements, and your resume. Cover letters without salary aspirations will not be considered.