Asia Conservation Manager
Rainforest Trust seeks a Asia Conservation Manager to assist in developing and managing the Asia-Pacific conservation team and our growing portfolio of conservation projects with partners in the region. Rainforest Trust is a non-profit organization founded in 1988 that partners with conservation organizations across the tropics to protect critical habitat for endangered species. To date, we have saved over 20 million acres of key habitats worldwide. Rainforest Trust is an efficient and effective organization, earning the top 4-star rating from Charity Navigator.
The position will act as the lead for the Asia-Pacific Division, oversee the team and a portfolio of over 30 projects across the region. The position coordinates with other departments within the organization and works closely with the Chief Conservation Officer. This post will require a comprehensive understanding of conservation in Asia, and preferably the Pacific.
- Undertake Conservation: Develop and lead the implementation of a strategic approach to the protection of key sites for threatened fauna and flora throughout tropical Asia.
- Supervise a team: of officers helping managing a diverse portfolio of protected area projects.
- Building relationships: this post requires professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone, Skype and email.
- Project management: this position will oversee and track the progress of ongoing projects. Attention to detail is vital.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Minimum MSc. in conservation, biology or related subject.
- Minimum of three years of conservation experience working in Asia and/or the Pacific or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years of project management experience of conservation projects; experienced in managing and administering grants, either as a recipient or grantor.
- Must be authorized to work in the US and willing to work from Rainforest Trust Headquarters.
- A personal passion for biodiversity conservation and belief in Rainforest Trust’s conservation mission.
How to Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest in working for Rainforest Trust, your salary aspirations, any specific job requirements, writing samples and your resume. Cover letters without salary aspirations will not be considered.
In the administration of its employment policies and practices, Rainforest Trust does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, matriculation, political affiliation or genetic information.