Rapid Feasibility Awards
Applications for Rapid Feasibility Awards are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Rainforest Trust provides Rapid Feasibility Awards to encourage conservationists and researchers to evaluate important potential sites for creating new Protected Areas. Awards average $5,000.
Successful applications should exhibit clear intent to establish a new Protected Area and one or more of the following:
- Assess whether a site qualifies as an A1(a) KBA;
- Evaluate land tenure of unprotected A1(a) KBAs;
- Evaluate the presence and abundance of CR and EN species within unprotected A1(a) KBAs;
- Investigate legal processes for potentially designating the site as a nationally recognized protected area or acquiring the long-term lease of gazetted land, where appropriate;
- Negotiate land prices and gauge willingness to sell privately owned land
- Assessments of community and government interest in Protected Area creation