Rainforest Trust seeks an experienced writer / journalist as Publications Officer to lead the development and execution of the organization’s news. Rainforest Trust purchases and protects threatened tropical habitats to save endangered wildlife and a core focus of the organization is the production and distribution of content that promotes this mission. Position reports to the Conservation Outreach Manager. Join our award-winning Communications Team.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work collaboratively to craft and edit engaging and informative content about our work, such as articles, newsletters, emails, presentations, news releases, blog posts and social media.
- Assist in the management of media relations.
- Establish and manage workflow for creating, editing, and publishing content from partners.
- Edit and proof materials as required; ensure consistency of message.
Qualifications and Skills Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in communications, media relations, journalism or related field preferred.
- Strong news sense, knowledge of the media, and experience managing media.
- Be highly team-oriented and collaborative.
- A personal passion for the environment and wildlife conservation.
- Ability to quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven writing skills; expert in AP Style.
How to Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest in working for Rainforest Trust, your salary aspirations, any specific job requirements, writing samples and your resume. Cover letters without salary aspirations will not be considered.
In the administration of its employment policies and practices, Rainforest Trust does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, matriculation, political affiliation or genetic information.