Philanthropy Director –
The Philanthropy Director – Donor Operations will have direct management and funding responsibilities towards achieving the overall development and operational goals for the Rainforest Trust. This description provides the summary of the work, while the individual fundraising goals and performance indicators will be outlined in a performance plan.
This position reports to the Chief Philanthropy Officer.
The Philanthropy Director – Donor Operations is responsible for the cultivation, maintenance and growth of individual giving at all levels.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Define and implement coordinated strategy to cultivate and nurture individual donors at all levels to increase giving that meets organizational goals
- Draft and implement approach for major donor cultivation and retention strategy to increase revenue in line with organization’s goals
- Manage unique portfolio to realize $1M in gifts annually
- Manage staff assigned to include goals and performance indicators, conducting annual review of staff, and staff professional growth plans
- Coordinate with Data & Reporting to ensure proper use of and updates to CharityEngine
- Supervision of campaign design
- Support in developing the annual departmental strategy and goals
- Represent Rainforest Trust in meetings and at events with donors
- Coordinate with other Rainforest Trust teams (conservation, communication) as needed to ensure on-time project delivery
- Update Chief Philanthropy Officer on all activities and ensuring smooth transitions and continued work when she is out of the office
- Additional duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- 6+ years experience in non-profit fundraising
- 3 years managing teams
- Strong interpersonal communication and writing and editing skills
- Donor-facing approach to service delivery
- Creative, solution-oriented work style
- Affinity for conservation and nature, science background a plus
- Positive outlook
How to Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest in working for Rainforest Trust, your salary aspirations, any specific job requirements, writing samples and your resume. Cover letters without salary aspirations will not be considered.
In the administration of its employment policies and practices, Rainforest Trust does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, matriculation, political affiliation or genetic information.