Major Gifts Officer
Rainforest Trust seeks a Major Gifts Officer to join its Philanthropy Team. Since 1988, Rainforest Trust has been safeguarding imperiled tropical habitats and saving endangered species by establishing protected areas in partnership with local organizations and communities. With our partners, we have protected more than 24.6 million acres of vital habitat across Latin America, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. Rainforest Trust is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that relies upon the generous support of the public to successfully implement our important conservation action.
The Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for meeting an annual revenue target by working with an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects to advance the mission of the organization, including assisting with designing, developing, delivering, and administering fundraising programs and campaigns.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee a portfolio of donors and prospects to build relationships with donors and create opportunities to expand giving
- Support, develop, and implement campaigns and strategies to cultivate and retain major donors, renew and upgrade donor gifts, and generate revenue in line with the organization’s goals
- Research and identify funding prospects
- Represent organization in meetings with donors, as needed, throughout the country
- Support execution of special donor events
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ten (10) years’ proven experience in philanthropic fundraising; experience cultivating new donors
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience as a major gift officer and proven success bringing in gifts of 5 figures+
- Familiarity with and proficiency in use of donor database management software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to independently juggle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of or familiarity with conservation a plus
Northern Virginia or Remote.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest in working for Rainforest Trust and your CV/résumé.
Rainforest Trust is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity. Our organization recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals, as well as administers any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.