Major Gifts Officer – WEST
The Major Gift Officer – WEST will have direct management and funding responsibilities towards achieving the overall development and operational goals for the Rainforest Trust. This description provides the summary of the work, while the individual fundraising goals and performance indicators will be outlined in a performance plan.
This position reports to the Director of Philanthropy Donor Operations.
The Major Gift Officer are responsible for the cultivation, maintenance and growth of individual giving at assigned levels in the region identified as WEST by Rainforest Trust.
The responsibilities and duties for this position include:
- Defining and implementing coordinated strategy for cultivation and nurturing of individual donors at assigned levels to increase giving that meets organizational goals
- Implement approach and strategy to cultivate and retain major donors to increase revenue inline with organization’s goals
- Building relationships with donors and creating opportunities to expand giving
- Coordinate with Data to ensure proper use and updates to eTapestry
- Support execution of special donor events including dinners and trips
- Support in developing the annual departmental strategy and goals
- Represent the Rainforest Trust in meetings and at events with donors
- Writing as needed for development activities and campaigns
- Coordinate with other Rainforest Trust teams (conservation, communication) as needed to ensure on-time project delivery
- Additional duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrate passion for and understanding of Rainforest Trust’s mission, culture and values.
- Experience working in non-profit development and fundraising cultivating major gifts and stewarding relationships (5 years)
- Experience developing individual fundraising plans and MOVES management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with constituents
- Strong self-organization, planning, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of integrated teams.
- Can do attitude that fosters creative problem solving
- BS / BA university degree in related field (masters a plus).
How To Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest to work for Rainforest Trust, your salary aspirations, any specific job requirements, and your resume. Cover letters without salary aspirations will not be considered.