Latin America Conservation Officer
Rainforest Trust seeks a Latin America Conservation Officer to develop and manage a portfolio of protected area projects with our in-country partners across the Tropical Andes. Rainforest Trust is a 501c3 non-profit organization founded in 1988. Partnering with the most respected conservation organizations in the world’s tropical regions, Rainforest Trust supports the protection of critical habitat for endangered species through local partnership. To date, we have saved over 20 million acres. We are an efficient organization, earning the top 4-star rating from Charity Navigator. Successful candidates for the position will work under the supervision of the Latin America Conservation Director. This position will be full-time and can work remotely.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervising, managing, and tracking the progress of Rainforest Trust projects in the Tropical Andes.
- Close coordination with in-country partners and staff to assist projects.
- Identifying prospective projects to create new protected areas.
- Providing monthly reports on a portfolio of projects.
- Undertaking field visits to assess the progress of ongoing projects.
- Participating actively with Development and Outreach staff in project fundraising and communication efforts.
- Organizing donor trips to visit project sites.
Qualifications and Skills Preferred:
- A personal passion for conservation and belief in Rainforest Trust’s mission.
- BA / BSc and preferably a MA / MSc in sciences or related field.
- Prior experience with conservation and project management in Latin America required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of NGOs in Latin America a plus.
- Efficient, creative, enthusiastic, and self-starting, with excellent organizational and social skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
How to Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Please include a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in working for Rainforest Trust. Please also provide your salary aspirations and the names of at least three professional references.
In the administration of its employment policies and practices, Rainforest Trust does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, matriculation, political affiliation or genetic information.