Rainforest Trust seeks an experienced Grant Writer to write top quality grant proposals and reports on our international conservation projects.
Rainforest Trust is a highly efficient and effective U.S. non-profit founded in 1988 with the mission to purchase and protect threatened rainforests and tropical habitat to save endangered wildlife through community engagement and local partnerships. To date, we have saved more than 16 million acres across 26 countries at 130 project sites with the ambitious goal of protecting 50 million acres by the year 2020. Our great financial efficiency and program effectiveness consistently earn us Charity Navigator’s top 4-star rating.
- Writing and submitting well-crafted grant applications, reports, and letters of inquiry under the supervision of our Foundation Relations Manager toward our goal of securing $2 million in grants this year
- Maintaining, tracking and meeting all grant deadlines for proposals and reporting requirements
- Researching new foundation prospects and securing new grants
- Helping to cultivate relationships with our current portfolio of foundation supporters, aiming to increase grant requests received every year
- Other research and duties as required by the Foundation Relations Manager
- Demonstrated passion for the environment, international conservation, and particularly Rainforest Trust’s mission of protecting tropical habitat to save endangered species
- Superior written communication skills
- At least two years of experience as a grant writer with a proven history of identifying new prospects and procuring million dollar grants, particularly from foundations focused on the environment and international conservation
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and donor relations databases such as eTapestry
- Extremely well-organized with high energy; able to multitask and effectively manage multiple projects and priorities with ease
- Flexible team player with positive attitude
- Strong analytical and financial skills to report on budgets
- Independent, efficient and self-starting
- Rainforest Trust actively manages more than 60 diverse projects worldwide. Experience in an organization with this complexity of work is a plus.
The candidate will work in our central office with 30 staff in Warrenton, Virginia, just 45 minutes west of Washington DC.
How To Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest to work for Rainforest Trust, your salary aspirations, any specific job requirements, and your resume. Cover letters without salary aspirations will not be considered.