RAINFOREST TRUST FELLOWS
As part of Rainforest Trust’s mission to purchase and protect threatened tropical forests through innovative in-country partnerships, we support hundreds of people from our partner organizations all over the world who are working on our joint protected area projects in various conservation capacities.
Conservation Fellows are project managers and coordinators that perform the essential work necessary to implement our protected area projects on the ground. As the Fellows represent a variety of careers available within conservation, our goal is to inspire these dedicated professionals to continue to apply their skills to tropical forest conservation.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Enhanced project management and implementation capacity.
- Enhanced communications skills: writing and editing, photography and videography, social media etc.
- Enhanced tools for motivating and rewarding staff.
- Assistance with professional growth and development of new conservation leaders.
- Demonstrable collaboration and strengthened relationship between our organizations.
“The Fellows program is an important way Rainforest Trust connects directly with the on-the-front-lines conservationists working for our partner organizations around the world,” says Mark Gruin, Rainforest Trust Acting CEO. “Through this program, we can share knowledge and experiences, promote Fellows’ accomplishments, and inspire others to pursue conservation as a career.”
Learn more about Rainforest Trust’s Fellows.