Director of Philanthropy – Strategic Giving
Rainforest Trust is seeking an experience fundraiser to serve as Director of Philanthropy-Strategic Giving.
This individual will be responsible for the development and maintenance of long-term and strategic fundraising partnerships that encompass planned giving and bequests, corporate giving and foundations and management of staff assigned to those tasks.
The responsibilities and duties for this position include:
- Define a planned giving strategy and a marketing and implementation plan to achieve organization’s goals
- Coordinate and tracking bequests in cooperation with Major Donor Managers
- Lead development of outreach to foundations to secure grants and funding, and design management strategy for maintaining these relationships to grow support according to organization’s goals
- Develop a corporate giving engagement plan and strategy for growth to increase income
- Facilitate process for donors who are interested in planned giving or bequests
- Coordinate with Data Analysis Manager to ensure proper use and updates to eTapestry
- Manage staff assigned to include goals and performance indicators, conducting annual review of staff, and staff professional growth plans
- Support in developing the annual departmental strategy and goals
- Represent Rainforest Trust in meetings and at events with strategic partners and donors
- Write as needed for development activities and campaigns
- Coordinate with other Rainforest Trust teams (conservation, communication) as needed to ensure on-time project delivery
- Update Chief Philanthropy Officer on all activities and ensuring smooth transitions and continued work when she is out of the office
- Additional duties as assigned
How To Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest to work for Rainforest Trust, your salary aspirations, any specific job requirements, and your resume. Cover letters without salary aspirations will not be considered.