Corporate Events Specialist
The Corporate Events Specialist will support the Corporate Giving and Events Manager and have direct responsibilities towards achieving the overall development and operational goals for Rainforest Trust. This description provides the summary of the work, while the individual goals and performance indicators will be outlined in a performance plan.
This position reports to the Corporate Giving and Events Manager.
The Corporate Events Specialist is responsible for ensuring the smooth execution and planning of all Rainforest Trust events.
The responsibilities and duties for this position include:
- Events activities: major donor receptions/dinners and trips; fair festival-conference-trade show coordination and execution; outreach/community relations in tandem with communications/marketing team; prize/gift procurement/research; substantial 30th anniversary role during 2018 and more.
- All event logistics – from creation to coordination, to include post-event debriefings and follow-up
- Event collateral development: invitation copy; printing; all on site collateral etc.
- Communicating with corporate sponsors to ensure fulfillment of Rainforest Trust obligations.
- Knowledge in building relationships; venue and vendor research and negotiation; contract review; agendas; letters of intent and proposals; timelines; drafting remarks and guest bios
- Involvement with corporate/business sponsor fulfillment
- Coordinate with Data to ensure proper use and updates to eTapestry
- Support the development of annual departmental strategy and goals
- Represent Rainforest Trust in meetings and at events with corporations
- Write as needed for development activities and campaigns
- Coordinate with other Rainforest Trust teams (conservation, communication) as needed to ensure on-time project delivery
- Additional duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrate passion for and understanding of Rainforest Trust’s mission, culture and values.
- Event management experience (1-2 years), corporate event contacts a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with constituents
- Strong self-organization, planning, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of integrated teams.
- Can do attitude that fosters creative problem solving
- BS / BA university degree in related field (preferred).
How To Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest to work for Rainforest Trust, your salary aspirations, any specific job requirements, and your resume. Cover letters without salary aspirations will not be considered.