Rainforest Trust seeks a Conservation Coordinator to join its Conservation Team. Since 1988, Rainforest Trust has been safeguarding imperiled tropical habitats and saving endangered species by establishing protected areas in partnership with local organizations and communities. With our partners, we have protected more than 24.5 million acres of vital habitat across Latin America, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. Rainforest Trust is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that relies upon the generous support of the public to successfully implement conservation action.
The Conservation Coordinator will be responsible for helping to maintain conservation project records, prepare internal reports, and complete other activities to build the Conservation Department’s projects.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create maps for internal and external communications using ArcGIS
- Assist with vetting of new partners and projects, coordination of internal and external reviews for project proposals, and prepare application materials for board review and fundraising purposes
- Assist with conservation database management and ensure accuracy of information
- Assist with compilation and review of funding agreements
- Act as a liaison between the Conservation Team and the Philanthropy Team in the creation of communication materials such as newsletters, social media posts, and other conservation highlights
- Work with the Conservation Team to identify potential funding opportunities, resources, and strategic partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of related work experience
- Specialized knowledge or comprehensive understanding of conservation program projects and partnerships
- Proficient GIS/mapping skills
- Strong IT skills, Google Suite, Databases, MS Office
- Detail-oriented, organized
- Exceptional analytical and writing skills
- Ability to react effectively and efficiently to time-sensitive matters as well as manage complex, longer-term initiatives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Northern Virginia / Metro DC – fully remote through the end of 2020 at least, but core work hours will be 10am-3pm EST regardless of location.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest in working for Rainforest Trust and your CV/résumé.
Rainforest Trust is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity. Our organization recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals, as well as administers any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.