Rainforest Trust seeks a Communications Intern to assist in the development, editing and writing of publications.
Rainforest Trust is a highly efficient and effective U.S. non-profit founded in 1988 with the mission to purchase and protect threatened rainforests and tropical habitat to save endangered wildlife through community engagement and local partnerships. To date, we have saved more than 20 million acres with the ambitious goal of protecting 50 million acres by the year 2020. Our great financial efficiency and program effectiveness consistently earn us Charity Navigator’s top 4-star rating.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with the Conservation Outreach Manager on the development of written publications
- Edit and assist with writing press releases, articles, blog posts, website copy, correspondence, and internal documents
- Complete research as related to writing assignments
- Perform other tasks as required
Qualifications and Skills Preferred:
- Strong command of written English and exceptional editing/proofreading skills
- Knowledge of AP style
- Highly motivated and organized
- Experience with GSuite or the ability to learn it quickly
- Passion for wildlife conservation and conservation storytelling
Candidate earning college course credit preferred. This is a 20 hour/week unpaid internship. Interns join the Rainforest Trust team in their offices in Warrenton, VA.
How to Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest in working for Rainforest Trust, any specific job requirements and availability, in addition to a resume and any creative samples as you see appropriate.
In the administration of its employment policies and practices, Rainforest Trust does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, matriculation, political affiliation or genetic information.