Campaign Marketing Officer
The Campaign Marketing Officer will have direct management and funding responsibilities towards achieving the overall development and operational goals for the Rainforest Trust. This description provides the summary of the work, while the individual fundraising goals and performance indicators will be outlined in a performance plan.
This position reports to the Director of Philanthropy – Donor Operations.
The Campaign Marketing Officer is responsible for producing clever campaigns that both bring new donors to the organization and inspire repeat or return giving. In addition. the position is responsible for the cultivation, maintenance and growth of the Rainforest Trust community of monthly giving called “Roots”.
The responsibilities and duties for this position include:
- Coordinate with Data Analysis Manager to ensure proper use and updates to eTapestry
- Work with communication and conservation departments to develop creative materials that promote RT programs
- Support the development of annual departmental strategy and goals
- Represent the Rainforest Trust in meetings and at events with donors
- Write as needed for development activities and campaigns
- Coordinate with other Rainforest Trust teams (conservation, communication) as needed to ensure on-time project delivery
- Additional duties as assigned
- Create and coordinate marketing outreach and electronic campaigns
- Promote opportunities for additional giving within campaigns
- Plan and execute monthly campaigns or mini-campaigns targeting specific programs
- Lead creation and execution of End of Year campaign for department
- Lead creation and execution of Earth Day campaign for department
- Explore new options and technologies to grow our market and boost campaign participation
- Maintain and grow the Roots monthly giving program, building a sense of community and engagement
- Manage Roots donor requests and communication
- Meet annual goals for Roots income
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrate passion for and understanding of Rainforest Trust’s mission, culture and values.
- Marketing and campaign creation and execution experience (3 years min)
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and tactics
- Familiarity with new technology that facilitates engagement and improves donation experience
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with constituents
- Strong self-organization, planning, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of integrated teams.
- Can do attitude that fosters creative problem solving
- BS / BA university degree in related field (preferred).
How To Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest to work for Rainforest Trust, your salary aspirations, any specific job requirements, and your resume. Cover letters without salary aspirations will not be considered.