Africa Conservation Officer
Rainforest Trust seeks an Africa Conservation Officer to develop and manage a portfolio of protected area projects with our in-country partners across West and Central Africa.
Rainforest Trust is a 501c3 non-profit organization founded in 1988. Partnering with the most respected conservation organizations in the world’s tropical regions, Rainforest Trust supports the protection of critical habitat for endangered species through local partnership. To date, we have saved over 19 million acres. We are an efficient organization, earning the top 4-star rating from Charity Navigator. Successful candidates for the position will work under the supervision of the Africa Conservation Director.
This position will be full-time and based in either Africa or at our office in Warrenton, Northern Virginia.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervising, managing, and tracking the progress of a large portfolio of protected area projects across West and Central Africa.
- Close coordination with in-country partners and staff to assist projects.
- Identifying prospective partners and projects to create new protected areas.
- Undertaking field visits to assess progress of ongoing projects.
- Providing project reports and news each month.
Qualifications and Skills Preferred:
- A personal passion for conservation and belief in Rainforest Trust’s mission.
- A degree in biological or environmental sciences.
- A minimum of three years field conservation experience, preferably in West and/or Central Africa.
- Experience with project management is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in French.
- Efficient, enthusiastic, and self-starting, with excellent organizational and social skills.
How to Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Please include a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in working for Rainforest Trust. Please also provide your salary aspirations and the names of at least three professional references.
In the administration of its employment policies and practices, Rainforest Trust does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, matriculation, political affiliation or genetic information.