Rainforest Trust seeks an Administrative Assistant to support the conservation teams daily operations. Rainforest Trust is a non-profit organization founded in 1988 that partners with conservation organizations across the tropics to protect critical habitat for endangered species. To date, we have saved over 20 million acres of key habitats worldwide. Rainforest Trust is an efficient and effective organization, earning the top 4-star rating from Charity Navigator.
The position will provide direct administrative support to Rainforest Trust Conservation team, help with a range of admin process including but not limited to: standardizing documents, including standard operating protocols and agreements, database entry, copy editing; and logistical support. This position will report directly to the Chief Conservation Officer and work in close coordination with all members of the conservation team. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Data Entry: Assist with data entry of historical projects into the conservation database.
- Logistics: Support logistical needs of the department including assisting with event planning and organizing, researching and arranging travel, and maintaining a departmental calendar.
- Standard Operating Procedures: Work with Regional Directors to develop and check departmental and division SOPs that aim to standardize and streamline processes and procedures.
- Templates: Work with Regional Directors and team to revise and/or develop standardized and accurate operating protocols, templates, agreements, welcome letters, etc.
- Administration: Ensure that files and folders are properly organized, up to date, and correctly labeled in the Google Drive. Document meetings, distribute meeting minutes and provide the team with lists of upcoming deadlines.
- Editing: Copy editing and document formatting for a range of materials. Assist with generating regular reports and assembling presentation materials.
- Assist other Rainforest administrative staff with other tasks as needed, including procurement and RT office management.
- Research and Other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Skills Preferred:
- 3 years of prior experience in office administration preferred.
- Experience with database entry.
- Experience in coordinating events and international travel.
- Experience in Microsoft Office and the suite of Google products.
- Experience in copy editing.
- Must be very organized and detail oriented.
- Must be authorized to work in the US and willing to work from Rainforest Trust Headquarters.
- A personal passion for biodiversity conservation and belief in Rainforest Trust’s conservation
- Experience with computer maintenance and IT support a plus, but not required.
How to Apply:
Please send applications to jobs@RainforestTrust.org. Include a cover letter stating your interest in working for Rainforest Trust, your salary aspirations, any specific job requirements, writing samples and your resume. Cover letters without salary aspirations will not be considered.
In the administration of its employment policies and practices, Rainforest Trust does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, matriculation, political affiliation or genetic information.